Sunday 20 March 2011

Sweet dream cookies

Tomorrow we're having a fundraising charity cake sale at work and I offered to make something. To be precise, I offered to make two different things but it turns out that I am going to let people down as my "morning" walk took longer than I had calculated (in addition to the fact that it started very late in the morning) and I hardly had time left to make something basic. I feel a bit guilty, but...ok, I know a lot of people are going to bring lots of stuff anyway, right?
Anyway, I made the "sweet dream" cookies which our Innkeeper in a past trip made and left for us every day on our night stand. That's what she called them, "sweet dream" cookies. They are essentially chocolate chip cookies with ginger, walnuts and cinnamon but I think that by giving them this name (which the Innkeeper gave them) I might have more chances in selling them!


The ingredients are:


1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2  cups of firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour ( I couldn't find unbleached on this occasion, so made them with plain white)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pack semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup icing sugar



Cream butter.
Beat in brown sugar, egg and vanilla. 
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. 
Blend into butter mixture. 
Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
Refrigerate until firm.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
Lightly grease baking sheets.  
Break off small pieces of dough; roll between palms into 1 inch rounds.  
Dredge rounds in powered sugar.  
Arrange rounds on prepared sheets, spacing at least 2 inches apart.  
Bake 10 minutes.  


And that's it! Easy, huh?


Here's the final result:
Two are missing from the baking tray....
And a close-up:











No comments:

Post a Comment